Wonderware I/O Analog Value Wizard

Application = The communications program you are using, RSlinx, Wonderware DDE/OPC server.

Topic = The name of the location where the data resides, node22, plc1 whatever name is the pointer to your device.

Item = The actual data point you want to look at could be a tag or an data table address, n:7/0 or PUMP_FLOW
Marc

You must have an I/O server to allow Wonderware to talk to the PLC. Determine what I/O server you are/will be using, then go to the WonderWare website and get the manual for setting up that I/O server and it should explain to you how to determine what these values should be. What you enter in Wonderware is what needs to be entered in the I/O server set up also.

What version of Intouch are you using? What IO Server or DAServer are you using to gather the data? What type of PLC system are you talking to?

Here's a simplified example of my setup:

I run Wonderware's ABCIP DAServer to send/receive information from an AB PLC-5 through ControlLogix ENBT and DHRIO modules (ethernet to DH+ bridge).

In the DAServer configuration I have set up a topic name called PLCxData.

In Intouch I have an access name called PLCx set up as:

Node = blank since the DAServer is on the same machine
Application = DASABCIP
Topic = PLCxData

When I create a tag, I give it a name "MyNewTag", select the access name "PLCx" and choose an item (address) from within the PLC that I want to read/write such as N7:0.

I hope that helps!

wildswing vbmenu_register("postmenu_167692", true);
What version of Intouch are you using? What IO Server or DAServer are you using to gather the data? What type of PLC system are you talking to?

I am using Intouch Version: 9.5.0 1101.0110.0000.0000, using Top sever V4, and suitelink, PLC Siemens S7 CPU 222

I think the Tops application name that you want to use in InTouch is servermain. You can double check this by starting the Tops server and looking at the processes in the Windows Task Manager.

The Topic name will be the topic name you create in the Tops server. Generally in OPC/DDE servers you create a Link, which is how the server communicates to the PLC. The Link might be an RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet, etc. The Link will contain other information, perhaps baud rate, protocol, Address, etc. Once you have created a Link you then create a Topic and assign a Link to that Topic.

So why bother having a Topic if it’s directly assigned to a Link? Well, some OPC/DDE servers allow you to set update rates for Topics. So you could create multiple Topics assigned to the same Link with different update rates. You could create the following Topics – PLC1_Slow, PLC1, PLC1_Fast. Then in InTouch you would assign those tags which change infrequently to PLC1_Slow and those that change often to PLC1_Fast. This will lower your network congestion.