factory talk displays

backflow

All of our screens are made of two display. From time to time one may not load. If the screen is minimized when loading the same display that might load will not load in the correct position. To fix this last problem the client has to be shut down and restarted. Any ideas to remedy these problems?

Put a button on each display to open the home windows. For SE, I have a button "Flush Cache" that does just that, closes all open windows, flushes the cache, and reopens all home windows.

Handy too if you edit a display that is cached.

FT Studio display resizing.

you can fix the origin location of a screen to open and set the size while still allowing resizing.

right click on DISPLAY background (not any particular object) and under display settings you can specify size and position and allow resizing.

don't forget (see my screen shot) I prefer to size to main window. (left side option)

This means; however that when you resize larger until the next screen size selection any popup splash screens already open don't resize.

I have 26 screens on that particular project and several different popup ones that are a fixed size. mostly operator just makes slightly less than full screen anyway to toggle to other applications like the varian GC software etc...

you can also avoid this by just fixing the displays to fill the screen and then they (if you want to allow) will have to simply hit the start button to access the desktop.

display options.jpg

Thank you for your help. I will try the resizing tomorrow. Some of my screen do have a button to send it to what I will call home screen. Where that button is st it does help to get back home.