Free programming software?

I have an older slc500 5/40 iwould like to set it up at home for training purposses, were can I obtain such software and will it also work for a micrologix 1200??

I think, there are no free software. You need to contact Rockwell automation or its distributer.
PS. RSLogix500 is used for editing ladder program for SLC 5/04 and Micrologix.

Costly, no matter what you do!

You can check online on Ebay but Allen-Bradley may be your only choice and either way it is not going to be cheap. RSLogix is what you need for both and it is about $1,200.00 so check your bank account.

RSLogix 500 Starter is only $499, and that's all you need for an old "fixed SLC" and MicroLogix controllers.

Don't scare the boy off.

BTW: I have never seen a legitimate RSI software sale on E-Bay. Almost all s/w sales of this sort are pirated.

Is the starter kit for micrologix still offered? Here's the following from my archive.

The starter PLC is a MicroLogix1000, catalog number 1761-L10BXB, $99 list price. Instructions for downloading the software and documentation are in Rockwell KnowledgeBase Document A23665441, which should be at this link:

http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...58E900B761C1378585256C4B0079D566?OpenDocument

Lot's cheaper than buying RSLogix for home use and certainly good enough for learning.

Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)

That 10-point MicroLogix Starter Kit has the drawback that the software included in it for free will ONLY work with the entry-level 10-point MicroLogix 1000 controller.

The original querent has an old 1747-L40 and wants to use a MicroLogix 1200 as well, so that software will not work for him. He needs the regular RSLogix 500 Starter software.

Yea Ken but why spend $500 for software to work with the old controller when he can spend $100 and get a controller AND software.

The man just wants to learn PLCs.

BTW, Joshua, you can reach me through the FMS group at FAB-18. Just email anyone in the group about me and we can discuss things that way.

(8{)} ( .)