Adding an alarm in factory talk SE

PLC5Please

Hi all. Heres the story.

I am trying to add an alarm to FactoryTalk SE. It is a plug chute alarm and is a digital input from rslogix5000.

Not sure what info will help so here's the whole story.

As this was a new tag and didn't show up from the offline .ADS file in comm setup, I added the controller as an online source for tags. Now in my tag browser I see all new tags under the online folder. :) So I took the plug chute alarm tag and added it to my HMI Tag list. I set it up identical to the other digital alarms, and no dice. No alarm shows up.

Going to start reading the ol' manual again but so far nothing in there has pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks for any ideas.

Similar Topics

Hi, I have EcoStruxure Machine Expert 1.2.7. I am trying to add the CodeSys Alarmmanager. i think i have all the libarys in-place but when i...
Replies
Views
I have a Red Lion Data Station Plus - Is it possible to add a numeric tag value into the Event Name of an alarm message???
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I'd like to add an alarm code to an existing S7 project. The signal is from a normally closed contact of the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've got a dataword in the software that contains all the errors. If its equal to 1 then Error 1, 2 = Error 2, etc etc I want to show...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Currently we have three plants running with Controllogix PLCs (L72, L73, L74). In each of these plants we have 2 FTView SE...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom