PL7 Pro: Constant Words (%KWi)

rubenvp

Hi all,

I have this program I need to figure out and I'm stuck on KW's (Constant Words). For example the constant value of %KW20 is assigned to %MW20
(%MW20 = %KW20). I want to know what's the value in binairy or decimal is of %KW20.
How do I read out the value of %KW20? Can I do this offline? Do I need to go online? It could help alot.

Grtz,

Rubenvp

On PL7 program, navigate to varaibles, select constants and double click. On editor select word or byte type and select parameters, you should see constant values.

You can look values from offline project, not sure if you can change constant values at online on PL7 or, ( if possible at least you need build project after that.)
At online you can look values of constant word at animation table.

Hi,

When I follow your advice, all the values contain "?". I am offline with the PLC. I will try to go online tomorrow with the PLC and look if the "?" have changed.

Lare,

Thank you so much! It was standard on Byte format. I feel a bit stupid now. But I'm still learning a lot. Thanks again!!

Grtz,

Rubenvp