S7 PLCs & Softnet OPC to mySQL Database

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

My clients asked me to pass hmi Powermeter information from our substation monitoring system to his ERP system.

Our equipment is S7-1500, S7-1200, WinCC prof V12 and Simatic Softnet OPC.
The ERP works with mySQL database.

The minimum acceptable from the ERP integrator is a csv dump every minute with the powermeter values.

However I was thinking it there is a way to connect the Softnet OPC server to the ERP's mySQL database.

Has anyone done this before? Do you know any literature sources that I could look at?

Regards

Can inductive automation's mySQL bridge module operate stand alone. We dont neend the whole SCADA As we already have WinCC for that.

You can use scripting in WinCC to link to the SQL database as well.

I have used a few different pieces of software including PLC 2 SQL for connecting OPC to SQL specifically. Matrikon also has a product I believe but I have not used it because it was prohibitively expensive for my situation.