Stratix 6000

barcan

Hi,
Im trying to set up a RSLogix 5000 test project by using a stratix 6000 managed switch (so I have the option of adding powerflex/kinetix drives etc) which will link to the contoller via an ethernet module. Never done this before and I keep getting unrecognised device in RSlinx even though it has the correct IP and switch info underneath. In RSNetWorx I've the same yellow question mark with the default IP address for the switch. Any suggestions much appreciated ... beware beginer level!!

Last edited:
You've probably already tried this, but just in case...make sure you cycle the power after you've set the IP address. I don't think it will go into effect without a power cycle.

Hi,
Im trying to set up a RSLogix 5000 test project by using a stratix 6000 managed switch (so I have the option of adding powerflex/kinetix drives etc) which will link to the contoller via an ethernet module. Never done this before and I keep getting unrecognised device in RSlinx even though it has the correct IP and switch info underneath. In RSNetWorx I've the same yellow question mark with the default IP address for the switch. Any suggestions much appreciated ... beware beginer level!!

That just means that Linx does not understand what the switch is. You need to get the EDS file for it. Normally you could do what is suggested in post # 4 but since the Stratix is a Cisco product under the hood I don't think you can upload the EDS from it. It will likely show up in a newer version of linx or just download the EDS file from the Rockwell website.