Encoder TTL to 24v with PLC

bmbutt30

Hi all,

i want to use DC motor with the PLC and Block have Pins for encoder input and supply 24v dc. how i can use 5v dc encoder with the PLC block.

Could you use your encoder to control a solid-state relay? This would switch the 24V on the output side of the relay that you could then feed to your PLC input.

An example of an item you could consider (depending on the resultant output frequency of your encoder): Woertz 45315T/7

What are the specifications for your encoder card(voltage range)? Also, what are the specifications for you encoder? Some TTL encoders can take 24VDC input for power(still puts out TTL signals).

Similar Topics

Hi, Im a bit unsure about how to connect my SIEMENS encoder (5V TTL/RS422) To my baseunit (The light one).. I have attached a pic of how i have...
Replies
Views
Sorry in advance for the long post, but this requires a little back story. I work in a facility with a couple hundred VFDs Most are in a web...
Replies
Views
I have an application using an incremental encoder and then I convert it to degree (0-360) using calculation program. For a while, the calculation...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, This is my first time posting, so please forgive any omissions or mistakes. I am attempting to control the velocity of a stepper...
Replies
Views
Dears, i am trying to change the series of encoder from A to B, but the program do not has this option (Rslogix5000, 20.06 the old encoder was...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom