WinCC Runtime - multiple monitors - options?

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

The problem:

A client of mine want to controll his factory from computers (a few)
It's all good and we have WinCC Flexible 2008 Advanced to program it and have already one Runtime installed. However, he want diffrent computers to show diffrent things.

Monitor 1: Control a machine
Monitor 2: Control a machine
monitor 3: Show some statistics
monitor 4: Show some other statistics.

As far as I know I need four licenses for this?

One for each computer?

Is there a way of having these four computers reduced to four monitors connected to one computer and one runtime license, but showing four diffrent screens?

The screens must be able to be controlled independently at each monitor. (We split the mouse and keyboard).

Maybe I need other program? (not wincc)

Some will only display statistics for the factory employees to see and it will be expensive to buy computers and runtime lincenses for every monitor.

I'm thinking of something like this:

attachment.php

fpl_blue_controlroom.jpg

Note that the WinCC to which nonuke refers is the full SCADA package, whereas WinCC Flex Runtime is essentially the same runtime the panels have, but running on a PC. The SCADA level system has a lot more options, such as multi-monitor.

As far as I know, WinCC Flex Runtime only supports one monitor, and can only have one session running at a time on each PC. THis means to do 4 monitors, you would need 4 PC's and 4 licenses.

I'm not sure how the licensing would work for the SCADA solution.

Note that the WinCC to which nonuke refers is the full SCADA package, whereas WinCC Flex Runtime is essentially the same runtime the panels have, but running on a PC. The SCADA level system has a lot more options, such as multi-monitor.

As far as I know, WinCC Flex Runtime only supports one monitor, and can only have one session running at a time on each PC. THis means to do 4 monitors, you would need 4 PC's and 4 licenses.

I'm not sure how the licensing would work for the SCADA solution.

When reading the articles that is what I came up with as well unfortunally :/

How does it work if I use a extended desktop? If I have two monitors that is 1366X768, can I make a Runtime project 2724x768 and have it displayed across the two monitors?

When reading the articles that is what I came up with as well unfortunally :/

How does it work if I use a extended desktop? If I have two monitors that is 1366X768, can I make a Runtime project 2724x768 and have it displayed across the two monitors?

You could try it, but I don't think that you would be content with the result. One, I don't think WinCC runtime is completely flexible on the resolution. I think that it only supports certain specified ones.

Also, if it is one big window, then that means both monitors will change if one tries to change the screen. I don't think it is possible to only change part of the screen.

Consider multiple HMI's instead of PC's.

My customer wan't large screen and keyboard/mouse, I think that the HMI's in this range would be expensive?

You could try it, but I don't think that you would be content with the result. One, I don't think WinCC runtime is completely flexible on the resolution. I think that it only supports certain specified ones.

Also, if it is one big window, then that means both monitors will change if one tries to change the screen. I don't think it is possible to only change part of the screen.

I see your point, we'll I guess that I can show production results and statistics on LED displays instead of large screens. I will lead the customer in that direction I think.