Template to register software modifications

Seaport

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a good way to register the PLC software changes
we made.

Is there somewhere maybe an easy template available.
Or maybe a good procedure in how to do this?

Thank you all for your response!

Seaport,

It will probably depend on which PLC you are using. Some PLC software allows you to add a 'version' number. You could then keep a file somewhere with a list of version numbers and what changes they brought. You can sometimes add 'comments' to the program, normally by going into the properties of it.

You could always just write a Notepad file and store it in the same folder as the software...

Apart from that mate, I'm not sure...

Seaport,

If you want to spend some $ you may want to look at the following
http://www.mdtsoft.com/public/home/index.html. We are working with a customer who is in the process of utilising this. It offers the sort of control I think your after and the site provides a useful demo. The only caveat is that it obviously track changes made on a local PLC port.

Hope It Helps

Chris