Aveva System Platform - propagate template changes to child

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Another (hopefully basic) Wonderware question.

Once again, I have a template called, say, $Tank. $Tank has an attribute Number (integer).

I also have templates called $Motor, $Valve and $Sensor

I created derived templates of $Motor, $Valve and $Sensor and dragged them into the $Tank template. Inside the $Tank template I renamed them to Agitator, InletValve and LevelSensor. Then I created 100 instances of $Tank. So far, so good.

Now I want to add another $Motor to my $Tank template, so I create another derived template, rename it to DischargePump, and drag it into the $Tank template in the template toolbox. This all works fine. However, the existing instances of the $Tank template do not automatically acquire the new DischargePump element, even after saving and checking in the template.

What's the missing piece here?

It's been a while since I've touched an actual system platform system that wasn't just Archestra graphics in ol' Intouch...

Have you tried undeploying the already deployed tank objects, then re-deploying?

That’s not the way archestra works.
New attributes will be propagated, but when you are doing what you have done only new instances of $Tabk will have all contained objects.
You might be able to import & maintain the same hierarchy though

I've tried undeploying and re-deploying, yes.

@lostcontrol so how do I get new objects to propagate? Do I just drag them from the template toolbox into each instance?

@lostcontrol so how do I get new objects to propagate? Do I just drag them from the template toolbox into each instance?
Objects or attributes?

Do I just drag them from the template toolbox into each instance?
Pretty much... Create the new object from the new object template, then drag into the container & rename accordingly.

Note:
attributes inside objects will automatically be added, but objects contained within objects/model etc will not unfortunately..

Got it, thanks. Create new child instance, rename instance, drag to existing parent instance.