Aveva System Platform - Failed to Deploy Object

dizzyme

Hi all,

I had to restore a few days old backup for my GRnode and when I try to undeploy/deploy some of the instances, I get this message:

Error: Failed to deploy ObjectA : this object will not be deployed because it already exists on this engine but its object id (220) differs from the id of the object stored in the galaxy (238).

How can I get about this? This is a running production environment so I will need to minimise interruption as much as possible.

Thank you!

If you restored a platform from a backup, you should undeploy the entire platform and redeploy it. Otherwise who knows what is out of sync. If you restored the galaxy or GR, you will need to undeploy the whole galaxy and redeploy.

If it also fails to undeploy the platform(s), go to the System Management Console on the problem node, right-click on Platform Manager and choose 'Remove Local Platform'. Then go back to the IDE and try the undeploy again with 'on failure mark as undeployed' selected. This should get that node back to a clean slate so you can deploy everything again.

If you restored a platform from a backup, you should undeploy the entire platform and redeploy it. Otherwise who knows what is out of sync. If you restored the galaxy or GR, you will need to undeploy the whole galaxy and redeploy.

If it also fails to undeploy the platform(s), go to the System Management Console on the problem node, right-click on Platform Manager and choose 'Remove Local Platform'. Then go back to the IDE and try the undeploy again with 'on failure mark as undeployed' selected. This should get that node back to a clean slate so you can deploy everything again.
Thanks ynpmoose!
We did undeployed everything from the old project and restored the backup after.

So in the end, we just undeployed the appengine which the object is sitting in and redeploy the appengine. And voila, it's all good again.