Data logging using Red Lion DSPSX

warwick

Hello,

I am trying to take data from PAXI (with RS485 comms cards) and log it using a DSPSX.

I have the PAXI hooked to a rotary length measuring encoder and the Paxi is displaying the correct information. I have set up the Comms card as it says in the book, and hooked it up to the DSPSX. I have a data tag that is being logged, this has the PAXI as its source......but I cant get anything but 0's to log in the logger.......what am I doing wrong?

I have the communication lights on the DSPSX RS-485 port coming up, first the red transmitting light and then the green receiving light. baud rate, parity, and everything is identical on both units. how can I check that the data tag is reading the data?

Since the comm lights are flashing, it should be working. Do you have a way to check the data at the PAXI, could you have some kind of addressing error?

I had problems with a DSPLE, it would only give me 0's over Modbus RTU, turns out the manual I had, had the wrong addresses.

OK i got it talking.....it is logging fine....i had the protocol mode as full on the PAXI and abbreviated on the DSPSX......

Heres the next challange......I am using the PAXI to tell us how many lineal feet have run through a machine. that is working fine and the log is giving me a instant tally of what the display shows. The operator needs to reset the Paxi to zero at the start of his run, this then sets my log to zero, this is fine for the current status but i want to have a cumulative total that i can track for the day, week, month and year. I can program the PAXI to sent a block print and reset the display when the RST botton is pushed, i just dont know how to tell the DSPSX Data tag to pick up the block print event and log it. Can anyone help on that? or is there an easier way of doing it?