iFix runtime

hi all,,
i need to manually enter a value in iFix workspace(run) in runtime... based on that value.. i got to calculate some parameters... how can i enter a value manually in runtime?
please do reply..

I see that you can run VBA scripts. This is one method to get the information into the system.
Displaying the Visual Basic Editor
You can write Visual Basic for Applications scripts for any picture, toolbar button,
schedule, or iFIX object. Using VBA gives you complete control over your process
automation solution because it lets you create custom scripts and automate iFIX for
your needs.
You can begin writing scripts by displaying the Visual Basic Editor. The VBE
provides access to all the available methods, properties, and events for your iFIX
objects.
You can display the VBE in many ways, such as by selecting Visual Basic Editor
from the WorkSpace menu, right-clicking an object and selecting Edit Script from the
pop-up menu, and creating a schedule and clicking VB Editor from the Add Event
Entry or Add Timer Entry dialog box.
To learn how to use the VBE, refer to its online Help. To learn how to write scripts
for iFIX objects, buttons, pictures, and schedules, refer to the Writing Scripts manual.
For information on iFIX methods, properties, and events, refer to the Automation
Interface online Help

http://support.ge-ip.com/support/resources/sites/GE_FANUC_SUPPORT/content/live/DOCUMENT/0/DO18/en_US/understanding%20ifix.pdf

Regards,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca