Panelviewplus 600 touchscreen not working

Joshua37

Ciao :)

I have with me a PanelviewPlus 600 which I want to use for a project.

It is pre loaded with a program which loads up while switching on the HMI (skipping the configuration). It is just a single screen with a couple of numeric displays and I can't find the go to configuration button (actually no buttons at all).

So I download a test purpose program with just the config button and name the run time file same as the existing program, therefore it replaces the old one and runs when restarting the terminal.

The difficulty that I am stuck with now is:
The button on the display is not functioning/working. Even when a screen saver appears it does not vanish even after pressing on the display quite a lot of times.

I am afraid whether the terminal's touch sensing has given away.

To confirm this I am not even able to access the HMI configuration screen. There is also no flashing white box while booting up to go to the settings.

I tried to run an autorun file which is supposed to force the PV to load config scree on power up which I found on this forum with USB stick, but it gives error: autorun failed.

Please help me conclude whether the touch has been lost or is it something else ?? I have been told that it was working perfectly before.

What do I do? Please guide !!

Ciao :)

I have with me a PanelviewPlus 600 which I want to use for a project.

It is pre loaded with a program which loads up while switching on the HMI (skipping the configuration). It is just a single screen with a couple of numeric displays and I can't find the go to configuration button (actually no buttons at all).

So I download a test purpose program with just the config button and name the run time file same as the existing program, therefore it replaces the old one and runs when restarting the terminal.

The difficulty that I am stuck with now is:
The button on the display is not functioning/working. Even when a screen saver appears it does not vanish even after pressing on the display quite a lot of times.

I am afraid whether the terminal's touch sensing has given away.

To confirm this I am not even able to access the HMI configuration screen. There is also no flashing white box while booting up to go to the settings.

I tried to run an autorun file which is supposed to force the PV to load config scree on power up which I found on this forum with USB stick, but it gives error: autorun failed.

Please help me conclude whether the touch has been lost or is it something else ?? I have been told that it was working perfectly before.

What do I do? Please guide !!

I think if you press on the screen or tap on it in a place that is NOT the white box early on in the boot, it should cause the Panelview to display a blue screen error in about three languages... I guess sort of like a stuck key on a key board.... It you pressed / tapped on the screen as soon as you applied power and kept it up the whole way through the boot up, and you DID get the error, I suppose that would indicate your touch screen worked
I know that's not the greatest help in the world, but it might tell you something

Last edited:
I think if you press on the screen or tap on it in a place that is NOT the white box early on in the boot, it should cause the Panelview to display a blue screen error in about three languages... I guess sort of like a stuck key on a key board.... It you pressed / tapped on the screen as soon as you applied power and kept it up the whole way through the boot up, and you DID get the error, I suppose that would indicate your touch screen worked
I know that's not the greatest help in the world, but it might tell you something

Okie, I'll try that and get back to you,

Thanks a lot !!