PanelViewPlus Information Setup

jamesgsummers

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up an Information message in FactoryTalkView ME. I'm just using the default information display. I want to make it so that the Ack button and Close button do the same things or I guess I could just delete the Ack button. Either way the first thing I want is for the buttons to unlatch an OTL in my PLC. Then I want the Ack button to close the display. Obviously if I delete the Ack button this part won't matter but I would like to know if I could make the Ack button close the display just for fun. I know I could just make new buttons but that wouldn't be as much fun. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks.

I am not the most experienced with the Painelview Plus, but I believe if you want multiple functions to be tied to a single button, you will need to look at using a "Macro" button object. It's not under "Push buttons" in the Objects menu, but under Advanced. The Macro needs to be created separately (look under the Log and Control category of the project explorer) and then assigned to the button action.

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up an Information message in FactoryTalkView ME. I'm just using the default information display. I want to make it so that the Ack button and Close button do the same things or I guess I could just delete the Ack button. Either way the first thing I want is for the buttons to unlatch an OTL in my PLC. Then I want the Ack button to close the display. Obviously if I delete the Ack button this part won't matter but I would like to know if I could make the Ack button close the display just for fun. I know I could just make new buttons but that wouldn't be as much fun. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks.

tie it all to a tag in the program and set the acknowledge and close display to the same tag. should be under the trigger settings area for alarms, and global connections

Ack_Close.JPG

I believe a Close Display button can write a single value to a tag on press in addition to closing the display it is on.

I ended up just deleting the Ack and Close buttons and adding an interlocked push button that I labeled ack. The bit that displays the message is on an OTL in the PLC and connected to the interlocking push button. When the conditions sets the OTL the message is displayed. When you hit the interlocked push button the OTL is unlatched and the message pop up closes on it's own. I don't think this would work if you had multiple info messages but this is the only one I'm using in this process so it works. I was over thinking it.