S7 200 EM231 analog module faulty

electricprem

I am facing problem in S7200 analog module 8AI ,no indication in module i.e 24V indication
How to check further in to this

Last edited:
Sorry if this is asking the obvious, but have you checked between L+ and M to see if there is actually a 24V supply? Then you can try disconnecting all wires to the module except for L+ and M and see if the LED comes back on. Have you connected a computer to the PLC and checked in analog input word values i.e. AIW0.

After that you may be looking at a faulty analog unit or faulty PLC, or maybe the ribbon cable between the two.

24V is ok , actually we faced heavy rain with lightning after that we are facing the problem and also we are facing ADC fault in our VFD'S

VFD not getting reset after repeated power shutdown and it's micromaster VFD showing F0080 fault continuosly , it is getting speed reference from PLC analog output module but output module is ok with 24V DC indication

I would disconnect the analog to the drive.
Can you measure the analog output with a meter?
On the drive, can you provide a signal to see if the circuit is OK?
What you want to do is determine if the error is the PLC or Drive.

Regards,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

actually we faced heavy rain with lightning
So you are pretty certain that things have been damaged by a voltage spike.

but output module is ok with 24V DC indication
Just because the 24V LED is illuminated doesn't mean that the module is working correctly. Have you measured the voltage/current output?

On the PLC you could be lucky and it could just be the 8 analog input unit that has been damaged or a sensor, or possibly both. The analog unit is an easy swap out, you don't need to re-program the PLC, so that is the first thing to do. Obviously you power down before doing the swap out.