Factorytalk ME

dlweber

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am new to Factorytalk (and many things PLC). I am modifying an application and I want a few buttons to both change screen and set an integer, some of these buttons will also have to set a (seperate) bit.

Is this possible? If it is it seems some that kind of code (like structured text) would be able to do it, however I cannot find any where to type in code.

OR

Is there an easier way making one button do 3 different things? That I am not seeing.

Hi

Not that I know of in me I would say yes in se
You could use the button to set a bit in the plc to do these and then use the
Plc to change the screen for you

Donnchadh

Ah I was hoping for a way to code and use the Name (set on the common page of the buttons properties) of the screen change button to accomplish the other tasks.

The integer that is being set will not be used by the PLC so I was hoping to avoid sending it to or from the PLC. I will use the integer for a multistate display within the HMI and the page it will change to has more of these "multi functional" that have different assignments, now that I am thinking of it I can remove the one pages "multi functionality" however it still needs to be done one way or the other.

Make the button a macro button. Write a macro to do all 3 things you want to do, and have the button execute the macro

Macro...thanks for some reason I did not think of them I was just thinking of...well I don't know what I was expecting, but that will work perfect.

I have not used them before in the PLC world probably why I forgot about them, however should be fairly easy to get them to work.

But on that note do you know the syntax in a macro to change screens? The help in the program does not give many examples of macro code, and the ones that they do are basically x= y, x= y+z+4, and x=112. I can't find a command list, I wish help files would actually help...

1. Have you looked into Parameter Files?
2. Create Memory tags that contain the values you want to set each tag. Then Your Macro would be Memory Tag > Multistate tag, Memory tag 2 > bit tag. Then on each display use the startup macro to define the macro you need to run.