Dtam Micro

ladderlogix

Hi,
I download a software to a Dtam Micro using DPS software.
When I try to connect it to the processor (5/03) I have the following fault:
"Communication Fault
1=Retry 0=Reset"
When I push "1=Retry" buton, I can see for shor time the main menu, than I have the fault.
Could you please give me an idea about how to fix it?
Thanks,
Regards

We had a similar fault in a system where the DTAM was powered by 24VDC which was normally isolated from frame ground. Our wiring had a short to frame on the +24 side at some other point. The short itself caused no other problem but it caused the DTAM to freeze. I think the DTAM internally ties the minus side of its power supply through a resistor to frame.

Hi,
I just find that the Dtam Micro I'm using uses DH485 protocol and need to be setted as AB-pic and not AB-DF1. The problem when I try to creat a AB-Pic using RSLinks, The software ask to run RSLinks as normal and not as service.
I don't know what that mean and how to do it,
Thanks for your help
Regards

From the RSlinx help files:

RSLinx now automatically starts as a service, not an application. Running as a service eliminates problems when OPC clients (particularly remote OPC clients) need to start/access RSLinx data. RSLinx can be forced to start as an application by selecting Start > Programs > Rockwell Software > RSLinx > RSLinx Launch Control Panel.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Using RSLinks I was able to detect and communicate with the processor. However, I have a problem about how to reset default values.
I'm using 5/03 as processor with RSLogix 500 and DTam Micro with DPS as software.
For example, if I set the default temperature to 70F, and I changed it with the Dtam Micro to 60, What I have to do using Dtam Micro (DPS software) to return to the temperature to its default value (70F).
Thanks,
Regards

ummmmm.. I'm not sure I understand the question... Are you trying to set up default values for everything? Or are you trying to change values back and forth with the DTAM? Or something else?

I think I see the problem...

DPS stands for "DTAM Programming Software". As its title suggests, it is used to program a DTAM, and therefore needs to connect to the DTAM, not the 5/03. It sounds like you are attempting to communicate with the 5/03... :sick:

You may want to download the manual for the software HERE, and the hardware manual HERE. Look at page 2-11 of the hardware manual and you'll see how to connect to the DTAM.

I still don't have a clue what you're trying to accomplish though... :rolleyes:

beerchug

-Eric