AB Dtam Micro RS232 software

jmelect449

Hi,
I have a bad dtam but I believe it is behaving well enough to transfer the program in to the replacement unit.
After researching the web I found that I need to install 2707-np from Spectrum on my windows PC.
After I decompress the zip file 2707-np I get dps_10.
The problem is when I try to install the program nothing happens.
I answer the questions and confirm the config file is complete.
But when I hit the enter key to continue I get nothing.
Any help would sure be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff M.

Last edited:
Did you ever get anywhere with it? I am trying to install it, also. I get to the screen where it asks for name, company name, serial number, etc. I don't have a serial number so I leave that blank. After I fill in all else and hit enter...Nothing!

I contacted Spectrum Controls and they said enter any value. I used 12345 and it worked. It still did exactly what it had done before. I didn't see any confirmation that it was installed. I couldn't find it on my computer, so I searched for DPS and it came up. It was titled DPS.exe. I opened it and it worked.:D

I guess we have to remember we're dealing with what is essentially a DOS program. Make a shorttcut to call it, running in the lowest emulation possible.

The biggest problem is I had to borrow a laptop the be able to run it. It won't run on a 64 bit machine, even in compatibility mode. I don't have any 32 bit laptops left. I borrowed my old programming laptop from the company where I used to work.

It's like when I had to get CLIP software to get program out of an old Idec FA1 JR. It's truly in DOS.