Problems connecting Modicon M340 To IGSS

Vlad1990

Hello,
Regarding the Modicon M340 disscusion, I am having some problems regarding a BMX P34 1000 processor(version 1). I am trying to connect it to IGSS. Tje isue is the connection cable.
I would like to mention that I am using the "Modicon Modbus protocol driver" in IGSS, which requires a serial cable for the connection (RS232 point to point electrical interface).
Firstly, I am unable to select the RS232 connection in Unity Pro, only RS485. I do not understand why. My first guess is that I am forgetting something...
This wouldn't be a big problem. I am thinking to use a RS485 serial cable, and then connect it to IGSS through a RS232-RS485 converter....So my second problem is that I cannot find the right configuration for a RS485 serial cable...
Could somebody give me a few tips?

Thank you for your reply GeoffC,
I know that you make these changes offline. I am able to make this change...The ideea is that I can't save these changes or transfer the program with the changes to the PLC..
Maybe this is due to the fact that my BMX CPU is Version 1...It might be a bit old and might not support these parameters..:( But I can't be sure of that.