PV Plus screen goes blank when acknowlege alarms

olealf

Hi,

I have the following situation:

I am using a PV plus (latest firmware installed) programmed using FactoryTalk View Studio 8.

communication: Ethernet

The screen alarm is working fine (alarms are being displayed) however when I press acknowledge all or acknowledde alarm the PV screen goes blank and I have to power cycle. The other buttons such as up, down and silence are working fine

any suggestions ?

Thanks

The Acknowledge must be closing the Display that holds the Alarms, without having another display to go to. That gray background is what you see when FTView closes all the displays.

This is either some sort of race condition, or a mis-configuration of the Alarm display.

I always make my Alarm Display an "On-Top", not a "Replace". That way there will always be a display under it in case the Acknowledgement logic gets crosswise.

Also, there's a setting in the PanelView Plus configuration screen, as a Terminal Setting for Alarm functions. Select "No" for "Close Alarm Display When Newest Alarm Acknowledged".

The Acknowledge must be closing the Display that holds the Alarms, without having another display to go to. That gray background is what you see when FTView closes all the displays.

This is either some sort of race condition, or a mis-configuration of the Alarm display.

I always make my Alarm Display an "On-Top", not a "Replace". That way there will always be a display under it in case the Acknowledgement logic gets crosswise.

Also, there's a setting in the PanelView Plus configuration screen, as a Terminal Setting for Alarm functions. Select "No" for "Close Alarm Display When Newest Alarm Acknowledged".

Thanks a lot for your input. Helped me today. Cheers.