Appstart not working as an event

neos

Hi All!
Hope you all had happy holidays!

Well back to the grind stone, and having an interesting issue with an event command.

I am able to start an .exe from a button in runtime (Appstart C:\Windows\Commspopup.exe), but when I try the same as an event it doesnt work. They both appear in the information window when executed as;

(i) Appstart 'C:\Windows\Commspopup.exe'

So I know the command is activated in both methods, but the app does not appear when ran from the event command.

Any thoughts?🔨

Neos

EDIT: Using RSview Studio SE V4.

Last edited:
o_O Just to make an observation. The system runs about 20 view clients. Each client pc has its own copy of the .exe "Commspopup" on the local pc.

I am going to make a guess at the problem here... if the command is executed by a button, SE knows which client executed the command, and runs that local copy of the .exe. But the macro does not know which client executed the command, thus does not run any local copies of the .exe

If this is the case, then what is the way around this?

The clients themselves execute the macro, not the server. So that's not your problem.

I don't know what your problem IS, but I'm hanging around to watch because I've had the same problem and never got around to working out why...

The clients themselves execute the macro, not the server. So that's not your problem.

I don't know what your problem IS, but I'm hanging around to watch because I've had the same problem and never got around to working out why...

The clients execute the macro, but the trigger is an event, which is only processed on the server.

Might try using VBA, as that is client side processed.