Logix 5000 Clock Update Tool

cyoung120

Hi guys. Hoping someone can give me a hand, or at least point me in the right direction.

I have the Logix 5000 Clock Update Tool version 2.4.2 installed on a Windows 7 HMI server. I have several ML and SLC that are all having there time synched correctly. I added a L72 to the list of devices that I wanted to be synched, manually synched, and got an error that said it was unable to connect and the time in the L72 jumped by like 4 hours. I then went to the L72 controller properties to fix what I had just did and noticed that there was a check box that said "Enable Time Synchronization". So I checked that, hit apply and tried again. Same result.

Do I need to make the L72 a time slave and have the server the "grandmaster clock"? If yes how do I go about this? I tried knowledgebase and didn’t have any luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.