TIA PORTAL: difference Online/Offline

Greet

In our factory we have 2 projects with the (for me) new TIA PORTAL. I have a lot of experience with the Siemens S7 and also with WINCC.
These 2 projects are programmed by an extern programmer.

Now my problem: I have received a update of our program (by mail) and I have to download this to the plc.
If I open the project and I go online: hmi is ok, but in the plc there is only a difference in FC060.

To be sure that the new program is correct: I wanted to upload this FC060 from the PLC and save my project with another name...
I'v tried this: offline my FC060 has the name "Unit4".
Now, if I upload FC060 from the PLC: he makes it FC60 without a name, and without any cross-references.

How can I do this the good way?

i don't use TIA portal yet for big project. but in case of step 7 v5.5 spx. if you upload the project it will not carry on the symbols, base on my experience, I also ask this issue to our senior programmer and he tells me, seimens is like that. and in the Cross reference try to check the FC, if you check the box to display.

I don't believe the green dots for the HMI side actually are a result of a comparison.

I have downloaded a project before. Then made a change to the offline (not downloaded it) and gone online and it still shows green.

I would recommend doing a compile of the HMI program and comparing the size of 'bytes used' from the new and old projects

As far as the uploading.
I would create a new empty project then upload the entire project so you have something to fall back on.

Hopefully that helps.

TIA_WinCC_BytesUsed.jpg