A-B file error message

waggs

Hey Everyone,
Wonder if anyone knows what the error 'Unexpected file format' is? That is, I wonder why it comes up when I try to open some RSS files. I brought some home to work with and I get this msg. Is it from running different versions? Like updated versus not updated versions? Any ideas? Thanks.
Bob

It almost sounds like you have RSLogix5 and RSLogix500 file format mixing. Are you using:

RSLogix5000 = .acd
RSLogix500 = .rss
RSLogix5 = .rsp

You mentioned an RSS file so just double-checking that it is RSLogix500 that you are running and not RSLogix5 or 5000.

Really though that error can occur when you open ANY incompatible file. If I tried to open a text file or an Excel spreadsheet using RSLogix it will tell me it is an incompatible file format.

OG

A-B file error

Using RSLogix500 in both instances. When I saved them, they were in the RSS format in both programs. I'm thinking that it is a difference in the versions. Will try and take the ones from home and try on computer at work. Thanks for the input Operaghost :)
Bob