Panelview 600- "685 File Access Error"

akash11132

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I am trying to fix an issue with PV600 standard terminal. After changing one alarm message description and downloading to the terminal, I started getting this error on top of all pages. All HMI values are getting displayed except for the alarm log.

Regards,
Akash

In this context, the word "file" means a PLC "data table file".

B3 is the default boolean data file, N7 is the default integer data file, F8 is the default floating point data file, for example.

The most likely explanation is that one or more of the PanelBuilder tags that are configured to read PLC data table files got mis-addressed to a data table file that doesn't exist.

This is also common if you address an element of the file that doesn't exist, like addressing N7:100 when the data table file is only 100 elements long (0-99).

Thanks Kuulkuum and Ken for suggestions. Yeah, I was under the impression that data files address (in PLC) might have been mismatched or unavailable. However, problem was with PanelBuilder version v3.83. This project was originally built on panelbuilder version v3.80.

So, I installed version 3.80 on windows xp VM and modified the project changes to the file. Download from panelbuilder 3.80 solved the 'File access 685 error'. Strange.