AB PanelView Plus 600

Riyas Mohamed

Hello ,

I have an HMI of PV+ 600 (2711-T6M5D) Ser A Rev B, This HMI doesn't have the ethernet port i have to take backup through communicate RS232. Which cable i have to use? In RSlinx which driver i have to select?

Can i use the cable USB-2711-NC13 for RS232 communication?

I am new for AB brand,

Thanks in advance.

Why not use a USB flash drive to back it up?

EDIT:

While I've never used it for panelviews, you should be able to use that cable to communicate to it according to this manual:
https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-us/products/details.2711P-T6M5D.html

Then to set up your driver in RSLinx, set it up as a RS232 DF1 driver, select your Com port, then for device type, select "SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView", then click "Auto-Configure" and it should set up everything else for you.

Hope that helps.

2023-11-21 08_16_43-Windows 10 LTSC - VMware Workstation.png

Last edited:
Why not use a USB flash drive to back it up?

EDIT:

While I've never used it for panelviews, you should be able to use that cable to communicate to it according to this manual:
https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-us/products/details.2711P-T6M5D.html

Then to set up your driver in RSLinx, set it up as a RS232 DF1 driver, select your Com port, then for device type, select "SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView", then click "Auto-Configure" and it should set up everything else for you.

Hope that helps.
I used the USB but it didn't detected, i connected my USB, the external storage was not shown. i don't know why?

Also, i tried with folder path, it didn't shown. Also tell me the solution for this?

thanks for the reply.

It could be. Maybe try formatting it as a smaller partition or using a smaller USB.

Otherwise, you should be able to backup the running program on the PanelView by setting up the RS232 driver as I explained above and then using the FactoryTalk Application Manager to upload the program.