AB Panelview Plus 600

...Sorry, this just seems odd to me that it would lose rslinx configuration after that, I've just never encountered it.

Disagreeing with Ken is usually a losing battle. But yeah, I've never run into this before. To me it's like saying if you delete that Word document you are going to lose your network settings. Apples and oranges.

When I was teaching I was always deleting all MER files from the PVP after a class and I never lost communications before. The RSLinx Enterprise settings I can see affecting the serial port, but not the Ethernet. But deleting the MER doesn't delete the RSLE settings. You would have to purposefully go into that setting on the terminal and change it.

If I took a new PVP out of the box (before the new Series B units), I could assign an IP address to it even though there was no application in the terminal. I'm sure there is a default RSLE configuration there that supports it. But again, you'd have to purposefully delete that setting. Deleting the MER doesn't affect that setting.

When you first see the Configuration Mode screen, your IP address for the terminal should be displayed on the bottom left. What are you seeing there?

OG

Configuration Screen.png

Last edited:
Disagreeing with Ken is usually a losing battle. But yeah, I've never run into this before. To me it's like saying if you delete that Word document you are going to lose your network settings. Apples and oranges.

When I was teaching I was always deleting all MER files from the PVP after a class and I never lost communications before. The RSLinx Enterprise settings I can see affecting the serial port, but not the Ethernet. But deleting the MER doesn't delete the RSLE settings. You would have to purposefully go into that setting on the terminal and change it.

If I took a new PVP out of the box (before the new Series B units), I could assign an IP address to it even though there was no application in the terminal. I'm sure there is a default RSLE configuration there that supports it. But again, you'd have to purposefully delete that setting. Deleting the MER doesn't affect that setting.

When you first see the Configuration Mode screen, your IP address for the terminal should be displayed on the bottom left. What are you seeing there?

OG

If OP can do some testing, then I'm betting there is either a physical problem or a problem with the ethernet setting/ethernet port on that panelview. he's already stated he can't even ping it, but he's obviously on the right network if he can actively see 100 other devices all together.