Panel view Date goes wrong everyday automatically

Abdul03

Dear Friends,

One of my client called me up today and showed concern about panel view. On the panel view the year of the Date changes everyday automatically. It goes 10 years ahead. For example, if it is 2015 today, tomorrow will be 2025. How is it changing I have no idea.

I have been searching, but no success yet. If you guys have any idea what causing this problem, please have suggestions.

Thank you,

Check the plc clock. The pv could be synced with the plc clock every day. If plc clock is wrong, pv clock will be wrong.

The first step is to figure out exactly what the "date" display object is referencing; it might be showing the PanelView Plus operating system clock's date, or it might be showing a value that's read from the PLC.

I've never heard anyone claim that the PV+ clock skips ahead by 10 years.

Does the date go back the next day, or just keep increasing by 10 years every day ? Has the program always done this, or did it just start ?

It sounds to me like it's reading a value from the PLC rather than displaying the actual operating system clock, and there's something wrong with an overflow or data mis-handling inside the PLC program.

Thanks for the reply guys.

The PV is reading date from the panelview clock itself, there is no reference from the PLC. It wasn't there before, it was all ok. This is just started.

The date will not go back, it keeps going ahead.