Upgrade ram and cf card panel view plus

heshamtaha

Am asking if we can upgrade sd ram and cf card of panel view plus ab by a normal sd ram and cf card but Allen Bradley to save cost because in ab is 800$ and out cost 50 $

The terminal will of course not be supported by Rockwell Automation if you put third-party components into it. The RAM module is not proprietary, but the BIOS probably has a narrow set of compatibility.

The removable CF card can be any brand. I recommend "MLC" type cards because they have longer write lives and higher temperature ratings than conventional cards. The card should be under 32 GB and formatted for FAT16.

The internal CF card (on old pre-v6 terminals that use one) is formatted with several different partitions that contain the operating system and other components. You can duplicate them with a Linux computer and the "dd" command, but I have not used any Windows-based disk image duplicators on them.

The terminal will of course not be supported by Rockwell Automation if you put third-party components into it. The RAM module is not proprietary, but the BIOS probably has a narrow set of compatibility.

The removable CF card can be any brand. I recommend "MLC" type cards because they have longer write lives and higher temperature ratings than conventional cards. The card should be under 32 GB and formatted for FAT16.

The internal CF card (on old pre-v6 terminals that use one) is formatted with several different partitions that contain the operating system and other components. You can duplicate them with a Linux computer and the "dd" command, but I have not used any Windows-based disk image duplicators on them.
So. I can replace the sd ram from Allen Bradley by another sd ram normal from another manufacturer but same hertz

Rockwell Automation won't support the terminal or provide troubleshooting assistance if you use aftermarket parts.

So you can try, but I can't guarantee it will work (or even be recognized by the terminal).

If you have a PanelView Plus that uses removable RAM modules and an internal CF card then it's probably 10+ years old and long out of warranty. So you don't have much to lose by trying.

You may simply have an application that is too large to run on that very old terminal. My guess is that you're trying to run it directly from the USB drive because you can't transfer it on to the CF Internal Memory.

You can try to install a larger RAM module. The terminal has been out of warranty for many years and you have the existing module to put back in, so I guess there's very little risk.

One of the good things about FactoryTalk View ME is that you can run the runtimes on an ordinary Windows computer, which typically have far more memory and storage than those old terminals did. So if you're trying to get back into operation quickly, or test and debug an application while you are waiting on parts, you can do so with a laptop or desktop with the proper activation keys.

The terminal is new not old and the mer file size of the project is 9 mb and cf 64 mb .i copy the program to cf but when try to run it give me the message of the ram is enough.and by the way i tried to run by usb flash memory same problem and i already tested in windows working well .my question here the message that appeared is the memory is not enough of cf or the ram

PanelView Plus terminals have not used CompactFlash cards for internal memory since before the PanelView Plus 6 was introduced in 2016. 64 MB RAM was the smallest capacity version of the original platform that was offered, and to my knowledge it was discontinued from production in 2012.

My understanding of the error message you are receiving is that the RAM is insufficient for this project to run.