PLC 5/60 Serial port Machine Down

Tim Ganz

I have a machine down that has a PLC 5/60 in it. A contractor replaced the plc that had failed last year and now I can not connect to it with DH + using the U2DH+ cable.

All my other devices on the DH+ network show up.

Does anyone know the AB part # for the serial cable for Channel 0 connection? it's 25 pin. I have not had any luck finding it on Rockwells site. Hoping I could find a pin out.

WE have a DB9 to DB 25 cable that we use to transfer programs to our old Panelview 1400 E units. Would that work?

Tim Ganz;629249Does anyone know the AB part # for the serial cable for Channel 0 connection? it's 25 pin. I have not had any luck finding it on Rockwells site. Hoping I could find a pin out.[/QUOTE said:
What I use is a standard DB-9 serial cable, a standard DB-9 null-modem adapter, a standard DB-9 female to female gender changer & (for PLC 5's) a standard DB9 female to DB25 male adapter - all from Newark.com for under $25.00