Tia Portal Win CC Multistate indicators

yasirbc

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on my first project using TIA Portal V13. In Factory Talk View studio I am using a Multi state indicator control to display the following:

State 1: "Bypassed"
State 2: "Disabled"
State 3: Tag.Value (Dint) White Color

State 4: Tag.Value (Dint) Red Color

How Can i duplicate this in Win CC. I know we have Text Lists, but how can I change the text from a Tag Value to a String?

Thanks for your help.

You don't mention what version (Basic / Comfort / Advanced / Professional) of TIA WinCC you are using. But it should be the same for all:
1. The multistate indicator is called a Symbolic IO field, there is also a graphic IO field to display different graphics based on a tag value.

2. You will need to create a text list, with your text
3. For the state where you want to embed the tag value, right click in the text field and select embed parameter, then browse for the tag name.
4. For the colour, select the Symbolic IO field, then go to the animations tab add under the appearance, the colour control you need.

I think that will work, and you can figure the rest out.

Have fun :)

I have another question.
In Factory Talk we are able to write expressions to compare tag values. Is there something similar that we can do in WinCC. For example if abc_tag > 100 then 1 else 0 to drive the process tag?

Thanks

If you are using WinCC Professional, the SCADA system, then I believe it is possible.

If you are using WinCC Basic, Comfort, or Advanced, then it isn't possible to do expressions. However, if you are trying to control an animation, then you CAN animate based on a range. So you can have it normal if tag is from 0-99, and changed if it is from 100-9999.

If you want to actually compare two tags, whether TagA>TagB or TAGA & TagB, then I typically see the comparison done in the PLC. On rare occasions I've seen it done in a script, but that isn't really a best practice on the HMI panels.

Thanks MK42. I ended up following what you said and doing the comparison in the PLC. In Factory talk you can do this within the HMI and write an expression to compare multiple tags.