RSlinx Enterprise

rocksalt

We recently switched to a VLAN and my PLC's are connected through it.
I can view all my PLC's, HMI's and drives from my office in RSlinx. However, I cannot use the ME transfer utility to download applications as it does not show up in the destination terminal list.

So I went to the machine and downloaded the application. When I came back to the office the panelview was listed... I made no changes to the network settings in the panelview.

Now.. I have different machine that I cannot see the panelview in the transfer utility but shows up in classic. I suppose I could download the application to it and see if the same scenario works but I don't understand why this is doing this.

Is there a utility for enterprise I can use to view, refresh or add devices by IP?

The Communication tab in FactoryTalk View Studio has the ability to manage RSLinx Enterprise. Look at the bottom of the tree on the left side of your screen in Studio, you will see 2 tabs, Application and Communication.

What dmroeder suggested is how I do it. Add your PV in there, then go back to your transfer utility and you should see it.