FTView RSLinx Enterprise Issue...

Rob.Hill

Hi,
I'm running FTView v9 on a VM machine. Host win 10 64 bit, virtual win 7 pro.

I've come to configure communication on this project (1st time using this particular laptop) and after I click communication setup - RS Linx eneterprise just hangs and it doesn't allow me to specify the PLC path. Sometimes it gets itself out, others I have to exit all FTView.

Things I've tried so far:
1. Running the FactoryTalk Directory configuration wizard for both network & local.
2. Re-installed RS Linx enterprise.
3. Deleted the private directory for the application.
4. Make sure the ethernet is connected on the VM machine (simply nat'd it to the host wifi)

Any further ideas?

Thanks
Rob

Thanks for the suggestion.
I can ping google from the virtual machine. I'm not online with the PLC so obviously can't ping that, but wouldnt expect that to effect the configuration within FTView.

I've turned the firewall off

Thanks