FTView/RSLinx Enterprise problems

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
FactoryTalk View 7.00.00

The SE Stand-Alone application won't run, error message pops up saying "You do not have security privileges to access this application".

Application Manager won't run, error message says "Unable to read the directory. The user "XXX-YYYYYYYYYYY\XXX" does not have permission for the read and list children action in the FactoryTalk 'Local' Directory.

FactoryTalk Administration Console won't run, error message says "FactoryTalk Directory connect failed (2158, 0x8004205f)"

FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard won't run, "Unable to backup existing LocalReconfigure Directory to file folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rockwell\RNAServer\Backups\LocalReconfigure7452.bak", and "The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT : 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)"

Any ideas how to rectify, or is a full re-install and rebuild needed ...

Try repairing the FactoryTalk Services Platform (go to Control Panel) and rebooting.

I've used VSClean and uninstalled everything, a complete re-install hasn't made any difference....

I'm thinking the Local Directory (which is not uninstalled) is corrupt, but because the logged on user, nor a new one, has the required privileges I can't do anything with it.

Looks like a rebuild from the ground up....