FTView Studio, RSLinx Enterprise and Remote Subnets

Tharon

I'm trying to setup a connection on my FTView Studio ME software that is accessing a PVPlus panel on an Ethernet Subnet accessed across the backplane of a ControlLogix PLC.

In RSLinx Classic I just go in and manually add the IP Addresses to the Second ENET card in the backplane, and I get access to the devices.

In RSLinx Enterprise setup inside FTView Studio ME, I go in and select the catalog number of the device, define the IP Address, and it is added. But the next time I click on the Network it deletes all the devices I just added.

I have a 1756-A17 backplane.
Slot 1 is a 1756-EN2T with the machine network. All PLCs and HMIs are on this network.
Slot 11 is a 1756-EN2T on a separate network. Used just for data collection and PC access

I'm connecting thru slot 11, IP Address 10.0.0.xxx subnet 255.255.255.0 and accessing the rest of the machine network thru slot 1 IP Address 192.168.xxx.xxx subnet 255.255.0.0

Each time I add devices at Slot 1 in Enterprise, similar to what I do in Classic, they are automatically removed once I click on the top of the tree again.

Thanks in advance.

That just means your laptop is not connected to the network. Once connected they should come back. At least mine do.

I am connected to the network when I do this. I'm usually online with the PLCs on the same network. RSLinx Classic remains visible. It's only Enterprise that continues to remove them every time I try adding them.

Enterprise also sees and keeps everything visible on the main network, the 10.0.0.xxx/255.255.255.0 network. It's only the remote network on 192.168.xxx.xxx/255.255.0.0 that doesn't retain the devices.

Under network connections select your network adaptor and select you ip connection (where you add your address) click the Advanced Button on the bottom of the page. Use the add button and enter your 192 address and subnet.

Are you talking the configuration of the driver inside RSLinx Enterprise in FTView Studio? I don't see an "Add" option for the network settings there, just lets me select which network adapter I want to use. And a toggle box for "Listen on EtherNet/IP Encapsulation ports"

Well, I can already connect to everything on that subnet. RSLinx Classic works as expected and I can connect to every PLC on the 192.168.xxx.xxx subnet across the backplane. It's only the RSLinx Enterprise that keeps dropping them from the list every time I try to add them. I'm not physically connecting to both networks at the same time (or even separate times). I'm using the backplane of the ControlLogix PLC with two 1756-EN2T cards to bridge the two networks. My computer is still only connected directly to the 10.0.0.xxx subnet.

Edit
Out of the office for the day, will have to play around more tomorrow. Not sure Alternate IP Address settings are the answer though.

Last edited:
Upgrading to the latest version of FT View Studio (10) seems to have corrected this issue. Strange. Not sure if the FT View version was the issue or if upgrading it fixed something in the installation.

I had v7,9, and 10 selectable from the device list. I was running v7 of Studio. Seems the devices were all v9. I could understand not being able to actually open the project files, but for the devices to just be deleted from the list after adding them, even when selected the correct version on the list, seems weird.

Last edited:
I had that problem also, I can't remember if going back to windows 32bit windows solved it, or updating to ftview 10...

It's related to rslinx enterprise 5.90, it works fine with 5.80 and 6.00.