FTView Studio Display question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. Many years ago I programmed an Omron PLC and HMI and I was able to control which display was being shown on the HMI from the PLC. Is this possible between a CpLX and PV+7? I have looked around the display properties and can't find a way to accomplish this. Thank you

In the project explorer, expand "System" and open "Global Connections". To go the "Display" tab and use the "Replace Display Number" and "Remote Display Number" fields. The Help will explain how to use them.

In the project explorer, expand "System" and open "Global Connections". To go the "Display" tab and use the "Replace Display Number" and "Remote Display Number" fields. The Help will explain how to use them.

I looked there and see that if, for example, I have an alarms display and have an alarm bit go true it will open the alarm display, correct? I was looking for a way for multiple bits to open different displays, not just one. Hopefully this makes sense.

Each display has a unique value assigned to it. The PLC writes a value to a tag and that causes the PV+ to open the display that has been assigned that value.

You can have as many unique values open unique displays as you need. The alarm display window is a separate animal.

OG

Thank you! If there was a career where over-thinking made you successful, I would be an expert! This was so simple but I guess I wanted it to be more difficult. o_O

Thank you! If there was a career where over-thinking made you successful, I would be an expert! This was so simple but I guess I wanted it to be more difficult. o_O

Yeah, you'll fit right in here... :nodi:

You can right-click in an empty area of each display and open its properties dialog. There'll be a place to set its display number. View Studio will NOT automatically assign a unique value to new or copied displays so you have to go through and do it manually. That's caught me a couple of times...