RSview 32 Numeric Input Enable

ian.smith7

Hi All
I have a PV+ Numeric input enable that I want to be visible at all times displaying the value in the PLC register. but I want to restrict the numeric input to users with a password ( V3.2 security).
If I put the following expression into the Optional Exp box on the connections tab will it work.

IF CurrentUserHasCode(D) THEN 1 ELSE 0

If this is not the way to achieve this what would be?
Thanks
ian

I'm not sure if this will help as we typically use Factorytalk ME - we create two objects, on a numeric display and the other the input object. We use the 'visivility' function to display one or the other depending on the login status. We size them the same and overlap them on the screen.

Thanks for your reply Bernie.
That is the way I have done it in the past I just wondered if that expression (which is the same one I will use for visibility of the hidden object) would work in that options input.
I guess Ill just have to try it.
Cheers
Ian