Convert PV PLUS program to 64 bit

In a never ending fog of "I want", "Why can't we"
OK, so I know that this question has probably been asked many times but....is there a way to convert an old PV PLUS program (32 bit) to my new 64 bit system for editing if I no longer have access to a 32 bit machine? My company does not allow us to keep our old laptops;) so I no longer have the 32 bit system, and I need to edit a program on an existing machine here. Can someone point me in the right direction? I think maybe VMWare could help but I have never used it. I could probably send it to someone at AB and have it converted under our TechConnect contract, but I would need to do that for every one of my old programs....which is not really feasible. Please help.

I could probably send it to someone at AB and have it converted under our TechConnect contract, but I would need to do that for every one of my old programs....which is not really feasible. Please help.

Do exactly that.
500 times if needed.
Rockwell created the problem by having incompatibilities in their own software, let them pay to fix it.

Yeah, probably what I should do for now so that I can get these changes made and installed. But, and this is my OCD talking here, there has to be a way to get this done without having two computers running different operating systems.:unsure: Just really annoying to have to deal with this kind of BS. Guess I'll fire it off to them and let them deal with it for now.....but "O'll be bock"...:ROFLMAO:

255.255.255.0 said:
But, and this is my OCD talking here, there has to be a way to get this done without having two computers running different operating systems.

Nope. I beat my head against a wall for 4 hours on this one once, eventually emailed it to my colleague who dusted off the old laptop for me.

I would 100% invest in a VM setup. It's not just this issue that it will rescue you from, there are countless others. I would say that 99% of the people on this forum that do a serious amount of programming across more than one site would be running VM's. Me? I run about 15 :)

As along as it is version 5 and above. You need a 32 bit laptop with version 6.10 and a 64 bit laptop with version 6.10 On it get your file to open up on the 32 bit laptop then transfer them to the 64 bit laptop.