Dumb question? Factorytalk ME Faceplates

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to install faceplates for use in a FactoryTalk ME. I downloaded the add-on I thought and installed but do not see any faceplates available in ME?

Ideas?

Have you looked in XP: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Faceplates"

Or...

Windows 7: "Users\Public\Public Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\faceplates"

Your faceplate files should be in there. This folder should have Global Object Display files (ggfx) and Faceplate Display files (gfx).

In your open application, right click the Server icon. It's the 3rd level down with the application name and the red alarm icon on it.
Then you'll see "Add Process Faceplates...".
Select it and another window opens with the list of available Faceplates from the folder above.
You can add them into your application from here.

Note: Each Faceplate Display added counts against your licensed display limit.
Each Global Object Display added does not count against the licenced display limit.

Regards,
George

Last edited: