Panelview Plus Curser

xxslimxx

X
Here goes my first thread, I have a Panelview Plus Keypad model and have yet to figure out a way to disable the mouse curser on the display. Does anyone know how to disable the mouse on a KEYPAD model Panelview Plus?

That was a bug in the first (3.00) release of firmware; you couldn't turn off the cursor on the Keypad-only models.

On the 3.10 firmware, all the terminals can be configured to turn off the cursor if you want.

Terminal Settings -> Input Devices -> Touch Screen -> Cursor.

Knowbase G49945667

Last edited:
Keypad Curser

There is a difference between Conig. screens from a KEYPAD and a TOUCH screen, with a KEYPAD you can not goto input device/touch screen. The firmware has been upgraded.

Whoops, you're absolutely correct. I was thinking about my experience with the Touch/Keypad units.

Found another Knowbase document with a utility you can run on a CF card that will also work with the 3.10 firmware on a Keypad-only unit.

Knowbase P76842377

Thanks for keeping me on my toes !

Ok, I'll bite...

!#(*&^#%@(*&!@ Panelview!!!

:D

I'm doing my first project with the panelview plus and so far no complaints, other than the fact that the customer wants to use the panelview plus in place of an HMI. :rolleyes:

I have a friend that turned off the cursor on a VersaView/PV+ unit with the keypad, then needed to turn it back on, my that got ugly, without the touch screen it's pretty hard to turn it back on. Say Ken I've looked for a note on resetting these new units. So far I have not found any thing like the standard panel view reset. The 'ol touch the lower left/upper right of the touch screen while booting does nothing, and I don't see the blinking square in the lower right hand corner either, any tricks you know of?

bitmore

Resetting PV+

I feel like I'm just shelling out technotes, lately !

I think by "reset" you mean "erase current application", because the PV+ has a RESET button on the logic module to perform a simple soft boot.

Sometimes it's necessary to wipe out the application file because the developer didn't include a "Go To Configure Mode" button.

Tapping the touchscreen or repeatedly pressing the SHIFT key during bootup supposedly has the same effect as the alternate-corners method in PV Standard, but I don't always have success with that method, plus I look a little silly stabbing at the PV+ with my fingertip.

What I use is a little utility that goes on a CompactFlash card. It has an Autorun.exe file that erases all the application files on the terminal. When you reboot, the terminal OS tries to start the application file, warns you that the file is missing, and dumps out into Configuration Mode.

You can download it as part of Knowbase P71449014.

The other method I use if I have access to the Ethernet network of the PV+ is to download a simple application that has a big "Go To Configure Mode" button on the startup screen, and select the "run after download" option in the download utility.

Last edited:
Thanks, I constantly read new notes as well, and they are of great help when the grey moment creeps in, and I must apologise for playing Devels' advocate, I was being Martha Stewart and looking for some insider info'. I have read some of your postings on this and other boards and have found you to be quite the informed Egg! I was just Easter Egg hunting!! hi,hi!!

Last edited:
Going to pull this thread up top . The link to the knowbase to get to a config screen is dead anyone have a good link. My mistake, didn't download first time around.

Sorry and thanks

Drewcrew6