Just opend my own Business

rdonnervon

Good Morning,
I just immigrated to the US to open up my new Business I would like to get some help with a question that relates to installation upgrade from a SLC 5/02 to a SLC 50/3 CPU. I need to Know what a typical going rate it is for this install and reinstalling the program back in to the CPU. I am not familiar with your pricing over here yet, need help wit it please this is for my first customer. All help s appreciated .

Being a new business, be aware of the other USA costs: federal tax, state tax, insurance, equipment, LLC or INC costs, etc. If you quote a customer a price, you better have these other items factored into your cost of business.

Being a new business, be aware of the other USA costs: federal tax, state tax, insurance, equipment, LLC or INC costs, etc. If you quote a customer a price, you better have these other items factored into your cost of business.
paulcs:Being a new business, be aware of the other USA costs: federal tax, state tax, insurance, equipment, LLC or INC costs, etc. If you quote a customer a price, you better have these other items factored into your cost of business.
Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

paulcs
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by paulcs
Add paulcs to Your Contacts

There are large variations in the rate for field service and in-house engineering. A rate of $150 per hour is very common for field service work, with lower rates for scheduled maintenance and higher ones for emergencies or overtime.

During my very brief career as an independent automation engineer, I literally copied the rate sheet from the local plumber.

Simply replacing an SLC controller should be extremely simple if you have RSLogix and a proper network interface (the 1747-UIC is appropriate). I would be more interested in the time you can spend in the customer's facility meeting people and asking about their needs.

Good Morning,
I just immigrated to the US to open up my new Business I would like to get some help with a question that relates to installation upgrade from a SLC 5/02 to a SLC 50/3 CPU. I need to Know what a typical going rate it is for this install and reinstalling the program back in to the CPU. I am not familiar with your pricing over here yet, need help wit it please this is for my first customer. All help s appreciated .

Not trying to be too critical but if I decided to emigrate, and start up a business in a foreign country, I would sure as sugar know how much I could charge for the service I will be supplying. If I needed to ask it would be a sad indictment upon my decision to emigrate in the first place, and a failure to prepare..... I won't say the next line, but you know what I mean.

When we have to call in PLC guys they charge $179/hr

Wow, we go in at $90/hr and some customer's complain about price. There are some cut throats in our industry going in at $60/hr and we are talking about a large urban area around Toronto.

Wow, we go in at $90/hr and some customer's complain about price. There are some cut throats in our industry going in at $60/hr and we are talking about a large urban area around Toronto.

Agreed, that's about what the market can bear here too. I charge a lot more, or no-quote, for service calls on machines that I didn't originally design and/or commission.

Last edited: