Setting one DB Bit in S5?

russg

Hi,

For me this is easy in S7, but I'm struggling to find out how to do it in S5. Can you simple assign a output coil as a data bit, or just simply do a load and transfer in STL?

Thanks

Russ

I seem to remember that the answer depends on which processor you are using. In some CPUs you can address Dxxx.xx e.g. D150.12 but I don't think that the smaller (non-floating point) CPUs support this. I may be confusing this with accessing DL (data left) or DR (data right) which is not available to all CPUs. I'm sure some will correct my memory.

In the smaller CPUs you would need to use bitwise instruction such as AND OR etc.

Nick

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Finishing up my first project with a Do-More PLC to install tomorrow morning. I'm working on small details.... like automatically adjusting for...
Replies
Views
I have a bit of a problem that I can't seem to find the answer to in my literature. I have an AB 1756-IFX0F2F Series A Analog Combination module...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a need to set one binary element inside an integer. Say, I have N7:0 and it contains 16 bits and I want to modify just N7:0/7 to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an application where the plant PLC is communicating via Ethernet/IP to 3 different field PLC's. The Field PLC's are all Micrologix...
Replies
Views
How I can do this? I have PC with Microsoft SQL, plc S7-300 connected to PC by ethernet. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom