InTouch. How to show "Last logged in"

Hoddy

Hi!

When a operator has logged in, I want to show a "last logged in" showing date and time.

how do i "freeze" the time at that point and copying it?

anyone have an idea?

-Thanks

Last edited:
You need to be familiar with InTouch scripting.
What I think lostcontrol is thinking of is creating a Data Change script on the system tag $Operator. In this script you conditionally (IF..THEN) write the system time $Hour and $Minute to either one Message tag or two Integer tags (e.g. LogOnHour and LogOnMinutes). The system $Operator gets the value "None" (not nothing) when nobody is logged in.

Thanks for the reply, i get it now! But i cant save the script, it says "Trying to assign to a read-only name"

What to do?

Sounds like you're trying to write to a system tag. System tags can only be read, like this:
LogOnHour = $Hour;
Writing (or assigning) like this is not allowed:
$Hour = ...;

Thank you!

Now it works and looks like this in Data script:

IF $AccessLevel == 3000
THEN
Time = $TimeString;
Date = $DateString;
ENDIF;

The date and time is resetting to zero when i restart WindowViewer. Is it possible to prevent this from happening?

These are the tag types I can choose, any of these?:

- Memory Discrete
- I/O Discrete
- Indirect Discrete
- Memory Integer
- I/O Integer
- Memory Real
- I/O Real
- Indirect Analog
- Memory Message
- Group Var
- Hist Trend