How to Show 100 days of Alarm Summary in Intouch SCADA

RockyNivas

Hi All,

I'd like to know how to show 100 days of Alarm in the Alarm Summary in Aveva (Intouch) SCADA. I couldn't find any option like that in AlarmDbVeiwCtrl1 Properties. Do we need to write any script for that ?

Please find the attachment for your reference.

Thank you.

AlarmDbCtrlViewer.JPG

Are you using AlarmDB and have a database set up? You need to ise the AlarmDBCtrl not the one you have shown. If you're just using Historical Alarms you won't get 100 days...Historical Alarms reside in memory and are capped at the buffer size. You need to configure AlarmDB to store that many days.

Hi Mate, t

Thank you for your reply. I’ll configure with AlarmDBCtrl, Additionally I’d like to know do I need to setup the database with server ? I apologise if that’s very basic. I’m new to Aveva Intouch. Please advise. Thanks

Hi Mate, t

Thank you for your reply. I’ll configure with AlarmDBCtrl, Additionally I’d like to know do I need to setup the database with server ? I apologise if that’s very basic. I’m new to Aveva Intouch. Please advise. Thanks

Yes...at the bottom left of your Windows Pane in WW, there is an Alarm DB Logger Manager. It will allow you to create the DB.

If you do not want the issues of setting up the Alarm DB, you can also use the Alarm Printer Utility and print to file...

If you do not want the issues of setting up the Alarm DB, you can also use the Alarm Printer Utility and print to file...

May I know If I use the Alarm Printer Utility and choose logging option in output, the alarms are still be shown in the Alarm history ? Because whenever I restart the Scada the old alarms are disappeared.

May I know If I use the Alarm Printer Utility and choose logging option in output, the alarms are still be shown in the Alarm history ? Because whenever I restart the Scada the old alarms are disappeared.

No...as I said before, the Alarm History is retained in a memory buffer. The only way to have persistent history of alarms is to store them in a DB. You could print them to a file as Nathan suggested, but to then see them in Intouch you'd have to write scripting to read and display the file in some manner. Whether parsing the file or launching a 3rd party app to show the file itself.

Not sure the hesitation to just use the AlarmDB function. It's what it was built for and Intouch will created and manage the database for you and has the built-in controls to query it.

No...as I said before, the Alarm History is retained in a memory buffer. The only way to have persistent history of alarms is to store them in a DB. You could print them to a file as Nathan suggested, but to then see them in Intouch you'd have to write scripting to read and display the file in some manner. Whether parsing the file or launching a 3rd party app to show the file itself.

Not sure the hesitation to just use the AlarmDB function. It's what it was built for and Intouch will created and manage the database for you and has the built-in controls to query it.

Hi Mate,

Thank you for the reply. I've tried to set up the AlarmDB function. The alarms are logged in the dblogger but when I tried to show them up in the Alarm history it keeps showing connection failed to the database.

I've given my PC name as servername and database name WWALMDB. The Username and Password are not enabled in the DB Logger Manager. Could you please let me know where did I mistake ? Please find the attachments for your reference. Thanks in Advance

DB Logger.JPG DBView_Ctrl.JPG

Probably a few steps you're missing:

You need to go into SQL Manager and set a password for SA

You need to make sure SQL is set for SQL and Windows Authentification Mode

Once you do that, create the Alarm DB in Itouch under SQL authentication and <local>

Here's a tutorial to follow. It might vary slightly depending on your version of Intouch.

https://cdn.logic-control.com/docs/...Configure SQL and Alarm DB Logger Manager.pdf