Modbus Mapping Analog I/O in Unity Pro

fl452

Hello, I have searched the forum and google with no luck with my question: why cannot I make %MW a data type REAL? Here is a snippet of my mapping in a section of Unity Pro S for a M340 controller:

%MW0:=ControlRmTemp;
%MW1:=StationFlow;

It only compiles without errors if it is data type INT. My project requires the analogs to be to to 0.1 scale. So how do I create a Modbus map for my analogs of data type REAL? Thank you for your help.

A real will use 2 words.
Normal procedure is to define a tag and set its data type as real. Then set an address for that tag. Note if you set the tag address as % mw0 it will also use % mw1

Modbus use 16 bits registers and basically does not support real values which are 32 bits. This can sometimes make a headache because in some modern systems like ControlLogix 5000 the tags have no longer physical addresses.