Smart Guard 600 USB Driver

antsrealm

Hi,

The other day I was trying to connect to a smartguard 600 safety controller using the USB port on the front of the controller. For some reason I could not see the driver listed in Rslinx but I could see it on my 32 bit machine. However even on the 32bit machine it failed to initialize the driver. I ended up using a 1770-KFD to get the job done but for future connections and for the client the USB port would need to function.

Can anyone shed any light on what is required to get the USB port functioning. As it is, I would normally be using my 64 bit laptop with fairly up to date software. Installed from a tool kit 2 years ago. Can't remember exactly what version of linx but it came with V20 of Rslogix 5000.

For some reason I cant even see the smartguard 600 driver in the list when configuring drivers.

Thanks,
Tony.

SmartGuard 600 USB driver only works under 32 bit OS.
You can use XP mode or virtual machine.
Before opening RSlinx, make sure that you can see it under Windows Device manager.

SmartGuard 600 USB driver only works under 32 bit OS.
You can use XP mode or virtual machine.
Before opening RSlinx, make sure that you can see it under Windows Device manager.

Yeah I did have my old 32 bit laptop there as well and it did show the driver but failed to initialize. It did show in device manager but had the exclamation mark beside it as if the correct driver was not installed. Is there a driver for the smartguard 600 usb that I need to install ?

Thanks,
Tony.

SmartGuard Windows driver is on your computer under RSLinx folder. There is a copy in the knowledgebase as well.
Again, RSlinx will not see it until it shows correctly under device manager

SmartGuard Windows driver is on your computer under RSLinx folder. There is a copy in the knowledgebase as well.
Again, RSlinx will not see it until it shows correctly under device manager

Ok I'll check the linx folder, in the mean time can anyone provide a link to the kowledgebase area with the driver? I looked for it the other day but could not find it.

Thanks.