timer trouble.

dlkimbrell

I'm using a click plc to trigger a timer during the program with just an (out) commznd. However about half the time the timer doesn't start. Is it possible that the signal from the out command is to short? If so can you increase the time the signal stays on? And if so how?

Most commonly, you would use a Click PLC Input from a switch, pushbutton, or sensor, to trigger a timer. If you use an Output contact to start your timer, then something else must control the Output (such as another Input).

It always helps us answer your question and offer suggestions when you zip and attach the program. It is also unclear to me as to whether you are triggering a timer instruction within the program or an external timer device.

I am using the plc to trigger a timer at the same time the plc turns on the glue. The glue length IS determined by the duration of the timer once the timer times out it sends a signal back to the plc telling the glue to turn off

I am using the plc to trigger a timer at the same time the plc turns on the glue. The glue length IS determined by the duration of the timer once the timer times out it sends a signal back to the plc telling the glue to turn off

It's tough to tell from this description what you want, here is two different possible solutions