Powerflex SV to FV

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a question regarding converting control from SV to FV.

I have a rather dynamic loading system on these drives and was wondering if switching from SV to FV control mode would help not only manage system torque but have better cotnrol over the DC bus, even without an encoder for FV.

I realize my PLC will have some code changes to switch to/from speed / torque control modes but what also would be required on the VFD side?

This may be more in depth than a forum post can handle. If that's the case just say so :) . Working on this with TechConnect as well but wanted some knowledge from here (tends to be more useful).

Similar Topics

I've got a Powerflex 700 that doesn't like to get going in the mornings. This motor will run anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes before it just...
Replies
Views
So I have a sort of unique situation where I'm wanting to run a PF755 from the IO and over ethernet. Of course, this comes with it's own set of...
Replies
Views
Hi I was wondering I need to update the firmware of a 755 inverter does the drive hold the program on the drive and just updates the firmware or...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm new here. First of all I just want to say that you guys are very knowledgeable and reading your posts on here has saved my...
Replies
Views
Hi to all. We need to change a bad powerFlex 525 to a new one. How do you save the configuration to install in the new one? Thank you all for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom